Re: Non Sequitur

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2005 13:00:52 -0700

David Cressey wrote:
> <satire>
>
> Meteorologists have noted that there is an unusually high number of
> hurricanes in the Caribbean this year. Experts are in disagreement as to
> what the fundamental cause is. However, one frequent observer has
> conjectured that, "this represents yet another failure of the Relational
> Model of Data."
>
> "If NOAA had stayed with proven products like PICK, and MUMPS, we wouldn't
> be having these problems", she said. When asked what the connection was,
> she replied, "it's the same way I know when a storm is coming. I can feel
> it in my bones."
>
> </satire>

laughing. You shouldn't let her get to you, David. I'm quite sure if we analyze the data we will find the precise, indisputable, mathematical reason for the increase in hurricanes so as to hold off all other conjectures.
smiles. --dawn Received on Sat Aug 06 2005 - 22:00:52 CEST

Original text of this message