Re: full text indexing

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:37:30 -0700

On 28 Jul 2005 21:03:22 -0700, "Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Stefan Rybacki wrote:
>>
>> Do you have any good sources (books, links, ...) related to full text indexing?
>
>Full text indexing is more of a document management or string
>processing
>kind of problem that a data management problem; it's not really
>on-topic
>here. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

     Off-topic? If I put up an on-line catalog, I would want search capability of the catalog text. It strikes me as decidedly odd and perverse that the rest of it would be on-topic and this bit would not.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Fri Jul 29 2005 - 18:37:30 CEST

Original text of this message