Re: Property sheet, ad hoc, property page, flexible data

From: AC <AC_at_No.spam>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:07:44 GMT

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:42dd8886$0$76953$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...
> AC wrote:
>> ...I want to create "base" tables with fields that are intrinsic to the
>> application. I also want to allow the customers using the application to
>> be able to create their own fields so that they can easily customize the
>> application.
<snip/>

> If this group would have a FAQ, this Q would be in it.
> For now you'll have to do with googling the archives.
>
> The short answer is: don't go that way, you'll get the worst
> of both worlds.
<snip/>
> It's not a bad question, but I don't like going over the same arguments
> every time it pops up.

Can you post the search string I should use? I did google which is why I created the subject I did. So that others that were searching for this type of answer could find it. I don't know how others have described this scenario. I get a lot of pages on property sheets for programming controls. I know that this type of setup was used by Symantec ACT but didn't find references to that either.

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Jul 20 2005 - 22:07:44 CEST

Original text of this message