Re: Normalisation

From: Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:07:47 GMT

Patsybulo wrote:
> Well, be maybe I didn't get the name right. Should it be Sematic? If this
> is the right term, then I'll like to know what sematic object diagram is
> all about.

No, you spelled it right, but the term "Semantic Relationship Diagram" isn't really an existing concept. You probably meant the Semantic Database Model:

Michael Hammer and Dennis McLeod, "Database Description with SDM: A Semantic Database Model," ACM Transactions on Database Systems, September 1981, pp. 351-386.

> It was mentioned in a material I read some time ago. I can't
> even place the material now.

Do you have a specific question about it?

  • Jan Hidders