Re: theory and practice: ying and yang

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_nospaum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2005 10:48:32 -0700

Alexandr Savinov wrote:
> Sets do not exist in reality because elements cannot exist in vacuum
> like in set theory. Elements of a set *must* have some coordinates
> (offsets, positions etc.) in order to be qualified as (separate)
> elements. Thus when we say we have a set we normally mean we have some
> representation of them (but we do not care how concretely it is
> organized, particularly, we do not care its order).

This thesis has been explored before in much greated depth. Some people still deny real numbers existence. (It is very hard to refute rationals and negative numbers these days). If you want to maintain sane appearance, I advise you to stay clear of these topics. Received on Wed Jun 01 2005 - 19:48:32 CEST

Original text of this message