Tools for automated normalization ?

From: Tom <tomjbr.10216233_at_bloglines.com>
Date: 2 May 2005 02:51:05 -0700

Are there any tools (either some software with a GUI or a class library component in java or .NET to be reused) that can be used to automatically normalize a relational database ?

The input should be a list of functional dependencies between the attributes/columns, and the output should be a list of suggested relations/tables that are normalized to at least the 3rd normal form.

The theories and algorithms for normalizations has been around for quite some time now, I believe, so it seems strange to me if no good commercial or open source implementations have yet been created...

/ Tom Received on Mon May 02 2005 - 11:51:05 CEST

Original text of this message