Applications developed from within a datamart

From: Nolan <NMadsonGoogle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2005 03:29:26 -0800

I'm working with another client who creates a critical customer code from data within the datamart. This code is then fed back out to other applications which, in turn, feed it back into the data warehouse. I've always thought that the only appropriate applications development in data mart was in creating the aggregations that were to be used in dimensional schema querying.

Can anyone point me to a book or author on the subject of application development for groups outside the data warehouse by data warehouse personnel? While I'd think this is a no-no, if there are any best practices around this, I'd appreciate a reference.

Thanks,
NM Received on Mon Mar 28 2005 - 13:29:26 CEST

Original text of this message