thoughts on "manufactured data"

From: Nolan <NMadsonGoogle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2005 03:20:17 -0800

A client with which I'm working has a dictum that "thou shalt not manufacture data"; which means we are forced to pull in bad data against all sane advice to the contrary.

Can anyone point me to an author who can show how to go about integrating poor data quality sources into a datamart with a defensible strategy for data cleansing (which is the client's definition of 'manufacturing' data.)

TIA
NM Received on Mon Mar 28 2005 - 05:20:17 CST