Re: Can we solve this -- NFNF and non-1NF at Loggerheads

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:55:34 +0000

David Cressey wrote:
> OK, if the relational engine doesn't know that a relvar is made up of
> component parts, then just what engine DOES know that?

I'd suggest it was the type engine (which in this case just happens to include a relational engine of its own, separate to the main relational engine).

We can have more than one relational engine running, in different "spaces". As to whether this is a good idea, I'd say it's not. But still possible without breaking 1NF.

Paul. Received on Mon Feb 07 2005 - 22:55:34 CET

Original text of this message