Re: Table design for application options

From: B-17 <mhammer111_at_msn.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2005 13:10:31 -0800

Neo wrote:
> While a model's flaws makes is "fatal" for some scope of
> applications, doesn't it make it more efficient for some limited
cases?
> Do you know of a data model without flaws? Which one? What exactly is
> a "fatal flaw" with respect to data models?

Although the article (for which I provided a link) answers all of these questions, I can quickly point out one key MV shortcoming (out of quite a few): lack of data independance. At one time I thought MV could be useful for smaller, specific operations, but this flaw alone makes MV undesireable for even the most narrow or "vertical" application. Received on Sat Jan 08 2005 - 22:10:31 CET

Original text of this message