Re: The TransRelational Model: Performance Concerns

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:09:53 GMT

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:25:41 GMT, Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be> wrote:

>> What was not true was your first statement.
>
>It's trivially true. If the technique you propose only works well under
>the assumption that you have a lot of memory then you have to compare it
>with other techniques that also make that assumption.

No, because it is not the same to have a decent cache than to have all the database in memory and to be limited by the RAM size.

But of course it is a good idea to compare the TRM to the usual techniques for main memory databases.

>I see no argument from you, so I guess we will just have to take your
>word for it.

The arguments are on the TRM patent and on Date's book, I see no reason to repeat them.

Regards Received on Mon Nov 22 2004 - 13:09:53 CET

Original text of this message