Two meanings of "data structures"

From: Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:54:48 -0500

I wonder if the literature has any well-known or popularly accepted works that map the data structures that we learn about in coding classes -- those being arrays, linked lists, hash tables and so forth -- to the relational model.

By this I do not mean books that explain techniques in one or the other, there are plenty of those, but rather something that provides a mapping between them. More specifically, the modelling of lists and arrays and such in RDM.

My primary interest in finding such a work, if it exists, is to make use of any generally accepted terms and techniques in this area, and avoid any confusions that might come up by using terms I've made up myself that are not in general use.

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to