Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Ja Lar <ingen_at_mail.her>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:04:15 +0100

"Laconic2" ...

> "Ja Lar" <ingen_at_mail.her> wrote in message
>
>> But it is not the job of the "type engine" to deliver the result as a
>> representation to the outside world. It delivers a value. You are mixing
>
> Beg pardon, but the type engine NEVER delivers a value to the outside
> world. The only thing it ever delivers is a representation of the value.
> I'm not mixing what you say I'm mixing.

I may well be wrong, as I don't know what you mean by "type engine".

I was considering a type (-engine?) as "DATETIME". An attribute of this type holds values that may be represented in various ways, but the VALUE doesn't depend on HOW it is represented to "the outside world" (and neither should a comparator on that type). Just nit-picking again <g>. (For reference and to educate myself: where can I find your term "type engine" defined as you use it?) Received on Fri Nov 12 2004 - 18:04:15 CET

Original text of this message