Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:51:42 -0500

"Ja Lar" <jalar_at_nomail.com> wrote in message news:cn1nb8$cd1$1_at_news.net.uni-c.dk...

> You are mixing "time" and "duratation".

It's worse than that, IMO. There are 24*60*60*100 separate points in time that we try to identify. That's a big number, but it's countable. We take those points as representing an uncountable set of points in time, all the time in a day. It's a useful thing to do, for practical purposes. But counting and measuring aren't really the same thing. Received on Fri Nov 12 2004 - 12:51:42 CET

Original text of this message