Re: The TransRelational Model: Performance Concerns

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:49:50 GMT

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:06:02 GMT, "Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote:

>is a substantial barrier for use. Commercial and open source projects
>both often steer well away from patented technologies, unless an
>agreement with the patent holder is secured in advance.

Or unless you don't live in the States or Japan.

>As I read over your post, I couldn't help but notice that it looked
>just like a description of a fully inverted index. What do you think?

That you don't understand what the TransRelational Model is.

>I haven't read the patent

Perhaps a cause ;-)

>Your analysis looked pretty good to me.

Curious, I didn't reply because it looked pretty ridiculous to me.

All the issues are based in wrong assumptions and the only operation he analizes is a restriction over a single attribute. This is not serious!

It is rather easy to workaround a patent, so we should not expect a very detailed guide to the implementation in the patent's text.

Regards Received on Fri Nov 12 2004 - 12:49:50 CET

Original text of this message