Re: Demo: Things in Hierarchies (w/o RM/SQL)

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Nov 2004 15:12:39 -0800

> > Argh, my analogy afforded you too many interpretations :) What does
> > an expert mechanic use if none of his fixed size wrenches fit an
> > odd/uncommon size nut or bolt?
>
> The comparison to Databases? the tinkerer will work on Xcel
> spreadsheets and ACCESS databases and cannot use ORACLE or SYBASE
> because they really do not understand (have the SQL skills/tools) to
> mess with it.

Could you post a SQL script to represent/query the things in the original post? Then I would like to add/modify the original data to simulate the equivalent of a non-standard size bolt and see how the tools (RM vs XDb2) handle such situations. Received on Tue Nov 09 2004 - 00:12:39 CET

Original text of this message