Re: Representing a Graph in an RDB...again...(BUT DIFFERENT!!)

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:25:38 -0500

"Spud" <spuddd_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:ee01f21d.0411061157.5e42a571_at_posting.google.com...

> This is giving me a major headache. I am a programmer, not a DB
> architect. Our DB architect just left, and I am really struggling to
> solve this.

Learning what a DB architect knows while you are on the job and under pressure is certainly a trying experience. I appreciate your dilemma. Your employers need to hire a DB architect quick, or send you for some training. Even then, the problem you outline is not the simplest one in the book.

Keep in mind that, if you succeed, your employers will decide that DB architects are not really needed. But if you fail, your failure will be marked by Dawn and Bill H. as yet another case of databases delivering too little bang for the buck.

But as long as you need to try, I would at least give this site a quick perusal:

www.databaseanswers.com

There are some 200 models for various applications in that site. Some of them even have an MS Access implementation you can download.

I do not know if one of their cases applies to your problem or not. But it should be worth about 15 minutes of your time to find out.

Good luck! Received on Mon Nov 08 2004 - 00:25:38 CET

Original text of this message