Re: Argument for 1NF by counter-example

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:04:38 GMT

"Kenneth Downs" <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net> wrote in message news:mijllc.ma3.ln_at_mercury.downsfam.net...

> Decline of educational standards, entitlement mentality, failure of
> leadership, take your pick.

I'm always intrigued when people speak of a "decline." Do we have any ***non-anecdotal*** evidence to suggest there is such a decline?

The reason I am not interested in anecdotal evidence is because it's clear to me that human nature tends us in the direction of forgetting our own faults but being painfully aware of the faults of the generation that comes after us. Thus, an *apparent* decline is a fixed part of the human condition. You can finds quotes back through the ages on the decline of young people.

Marshall Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 16:04:38 CEST

Original text of this message