Re: By The Dawn's Normal Light

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:05:24 -0400

> > What is your definition of barbeque? --dawn
>
> It's interesting you should mention that. For me, growing up in
> California, barbeque is either 1) the tangy tomato-based sauce
> you put on meat or 2) the grill you cook the meat on.

Given my fixation on the past, it's inevitable that I should note that it was the voyages of Columbus that introduced Spain to tomatoes, and to a form of cooking that the New World indians called something like "barbacoa". But I think that was food cooked in a hole in the ground.

I wonder, what did the Italians eat before they got pasta from China and tomatoes from America?

They probably ate mostly salad, and their salad dressing was mostly salt. Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 15:05:24 CEST

Original text of this message