Re: The fable of DEMETRIUS, CONSTRAINTICUS, and AUTOMATICUS

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:58:25 -0700

Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net> wrote:

>>>Well, as long as we are going by memory and experience, here is mine:
>>>
>>>(drumroll......)
>>>
>>>Constraints such as these are always abandoned in real life. A cowboy
>> ^^^^^^
>> Prove it.
>
>Once somebody asks me to "prove" a statement from personal experience, I can
>sense the thread coming to an end...

     You said "always". It is up to you to prove your claims. "always" is a much stronger statement than "IME".

[snip]

>> What is wrong with assigning the worker to the project, then
>> entering his time?
>>
>> Can you answer the constraint question?

>I did. But I'll try again.

     I understand your case, but it is inapplicable to the problem specified. If an employee is not assigned to a project, then assign him to it.

[case snipped]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation: