Re: XML: The good, the bad, and the ugly

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:49:37 -0400

"Lemming" <thiswillbounce_at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:qt90m0djj2uqq5l1vhqhs5betjcbevcgsg_at_4ax.com...

> Parsers ought to be easier to write, but my experience of watching C++
> programmers struggling to parse even fairly simple XML structures
> leads me to think that it is in fact a lot harder than csv or even
> structured flat files.

This is very discouraging. I would have expected the value of OO for writing simulators, going back to SIMULA, would carry over into parsers. Then again, maybe it takes a long time to become a good C++ programmer. Maybe the time it takes tolearn C++ distracts from time spent learning programming.

I'm not referring to the OO features of C++. Rather to the features that make is so low level. Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 00:49:37 CEST

Original text of this message