Re: pre-FAQ

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:08:23 -0400

"Bernard Peek" <bap_at_shrdlu.com> wrote in message news:o6nOaNCAjvVBFwB4_at_shrdlu.com...
> In message <kNSdnezBt4BaMsvcRVn-qQ_at_comcast.com>, Laconic2
> <laconic2_at_comcast.net> writes
>

> >"What is the difference between logical design and physical design?"
>
> This might need expansion to include conceptual design.

Yeah. I've backed off from using the term "conceptual design model" after someone in this forum pointed out that my "conceptual model" is really an analysis model, and not a design model.

Just for reference, what I use for a conceptual model is an entity-relationship model, together with attributes and domains.

Then, of course, there's the occasional nut job who claims that the ER model "isn't a data model at all." Received on Sun Sep 26 2004 - 20:08:23 CEST

Original text of this message