Re: Some Laws

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:22:38 -0400

"Kenneth Downs" <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net> wrote in message news:i5puic.ai9.ln_at_mercury.downsfam.net...
> I was being literary. By printing the pick ticket I meant delivery of a
> working system, with the customer's signature on a check.

Ok, that's where I got lost. You were being literary, and I took you literally.

There are a lot of info sytstems I've worked on where the programming was so easy that it almost wasn't worth automating.

But then, I was paid to be a "database expert", not a "hot shot programmer". And there was usually a small army of journeymen programmers on the staff, and they weren't going to be "outsourced" for another few years. So it was kinda good to have them play a role.

My, how times change! Received on Thu Sep 23 2004 - 18:22:38 CEST

Original text of this message