Re: Specifying all biz rules in relational data

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:35:31 -0400

"--CELKO--" <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:18c7b3c2.0409190519.3804554f_at_posting.google.com...

> .. which is how most other trades actaully pass along knowledge; the
> apprentice carpenter/chef/musician watches the master and "steals" his
> tricks.

In the forty odd years since I learned how to program a computer, I have been one of the terrifying young geeks who can program up a storm in 24 hours, with no more reference tools than a six pack of beer. I have also been the aging geezer, whose approach to every new problem is to start with one of those "boring stories about glory days".

The reason most young programmers do not learn from the masters is that they do not recognize the masters. Received on Wed Sep 22 2004 - 15:35:31 CEST

Original text of this message