Re: Specifying all biz rules in relational data

From: --CELKO-- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 19 Sep 2004 06:19:49 -0700

>> Then of course we have the work of Mr. Celko, that gives us a large
set of
solutions to known problems. The problem for those who have read the literature becomes learning to recognize the problem types. <<

.. which is how most other trades actaully pass along knowledge; the apprentice carpenter/chef/musician watches the master and "steals" his tricks.

My most recent book is on trees & hierarchies in SQL. I have several different ways to model them and some heuristics for picking which model fits your situation. I am not sure if it would be worth the cost to have some AI package do this for you. Better to put the effort into a code generator that would spit out tree manipulation stored procedures or fill in tables from a GUI, etc. Received on Sun Sep 19 2004 - 15:19:49 CEST

Original text of this message