Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:31:18 -0400

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:4142f2d0$0$559$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...

> This is like communication protocol stacks.
> There are important differences too, but I'll focus
> on the resemblance, relevant to this thread.
> First a little explanation.

The connection between communication protocol stacks and the IDS is very tight.

You can't share data without either "single-mindedness" or a "protocol".

The single-mindedness approach involves a bunch of objects that all belong to the same class. Therefore, when they read some shared data, all they need to know to decode it is what it would have meant if they had written it. It's almost like private data. This is what I mean be the EDS.

The "protocol" says under what circumstances a message is written (or "sent") and what it means when the message is received. Decoding data that came from an IDS is almost the same thing. Received on Sat Sep 11 2004 - 19:31:18 CEST

Original text of this message