Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:52:52 GMT

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:QM6dnbXjNdRkjKDcRVn-jQ_at_comcast.com...

> "mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message
>
> > Encapsulation is never absolute to everyone.
> > If you need to get under the hood, you'll
> > have to be able to break the black-box seal.
>
> How many times have you ever broken into a pentium?

I don't think hardware and software are quite the same thing, though.

Although I haven't worked this way, I have friends who swear by the power of breaking encapsulation. Again, I see this as simply a symptom of the fact that we don't do it right yet.

Marshall Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 17:52:52 CEST

Original text of this message