Re: converting access db to mysql

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:10:33 +0200

chicha wrote:

> I have to convert MS Access 2000 database into mysql database, the whole
> thing being part of this project I'm doing for one of my faculty
> classes. My professor somehow presumed I knew db's and gave me long list
> of things to do with that particular database, first thing being that
> particular conversion. Truth is that I don't know a first thing about
> db's, let alone using mysql... I downloaded mysql form www.mysql.com and
> still searching for MS Access 2000 (it doesn't work with 2003 I have,
> or I don't know how to make it work).

A few years ago there was an easy VBscript taking care of the datamigration.
Googling for "Access MySQL VB migration" migth help you find links like
http://www.lab.imesafema.com.br/resimesa/doc/#proj_dbtools

Good luck!

P.S.
You really *should* ASAP tell your professor that the assignment is somewhat over your head - he will appreciate your honesty. Received on Sat Sep 04 2004 - 18:10:33 CEST

Original text of this message