Re: How to model searchable properties of an entity

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:17:52 -0400

> > --CELKO-- wrote:

> It is easy to imagine this becoming a mess.

It's hard to imagine it NOT becoming a mess. Essentially the logical model of an EAV is in the hands of a committee: the comittee of users.

This commitee never meets, and its members are not accountable to each other, nor to its originator. Worst of all, the members aren't accountable to the future users.

I think that 99 times out of a hundred, they will make a mess. Received on Thu Aug 19 2004 - 09:17:52 CDT