Re: How to model searchable properties of an entity

From: pstnotpd <schoenmakers_at_tpd.tno.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:37:10 +0200

I've done something like this a couple of years ago. What I ended up doing was creating tables for meta-data, somewhat like Todd is suggesting, but more elaborate. This came rather naturally as we were trying to implement a product hierarchy in which a certain product class had certain properties and specific products could have seperate properties.

This would allow you to add a part as an instance of a pre-defined part- class and add your own attributes to it as well. I must agree that this is an OO way of thinking translated to relational, but it's not mutually exclusive.