Re: Database question ?

From: Alan <not.me_at_uhuh.rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 02:22:47 GMT

"m sergei" <sergei_m_1_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:86bb865e.0408121735.56b9119a_at_posting.google.com...
> I have a question about how is Database software constructed ?
>
> Say Oracle/Sybase etc database software, how are they programmed ? ie
> how is data actually stored in tables, or actually in files ?

Here is a very simple explanation:

Data is stored in logical structures called tables. These logical structures are implemented physically in files.

But it is really much more complicated than that, especially considering you asked how these systems are programmed. You would need an understanding of programming structures and concepts to fully understand. Also, the explanation can take place at many levels. Ultimately, everything is stored in groups of 1s and 0s. Received on Fri Aug 13 2004 - 04:22:47 CEST

Original text of this message