Re: Timeless Classics of Software Engineering

From: Richard Riehle <adaworks_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 18:47:08 GMT

"John Torjo" <jtorjo_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c638aac5.0408012333.6cca2039_at_posting.google.com... > >
> > I also vote for "Code Complete". It is a remarkable (although
excessively
> > lenghy) work. If you don't want to face its 850+ pages, there's a
smaller
> > alternative:

One of the earliest good books on software engineering was Grady Booch's Software Engineering in Ada. The first couple of chapters are particularly good.

I recently re-read the original 1969 report from the NATO conference. Everyone with a concern about software engineering should read that at some time or other. The sad thing is, that after the recent reading of the report, I realized that almost all the problems identified then, are the problems that still confront us today.

Richard Riehle Received on Fri Aug 06 2004 - 20:47:08 CEST

Original text of this message