Re: Timeless Classics of Software Engineering

From: clifford shelley <shelley_at_osel.netkonect.co.uk>
Date: 2 Aug 2004 07:46:49 -0700

I'm surprized how short the list contributed by previous posters is, and agree with most of those listed that I've read. 'Code Complete' is very, very good. His 'Rapid Development' is also good. (Since its been listed several times and I keep hearing about it I suppose I'll have to read 'Refactoring' now.)

I'll add 'Principles of Software Engineering Management' by Tom Gilb and 'Notes On The Synthesis Of Form' by Christopher Alexander (who wrote the Pattern book mentioned above)... and maybe Myers 'The Art of Software Testing'... and 'The Capability Maturity Model' by the SEI people.. and 'The Handbook of Walkthroughs, Inspections and Technical Reviews' by Freedman and Weinberg... Received on Mon Aug 02 2004 - 16:46:49 CEST

Original text of this message