Re: Timeless Classics of Software Engineering

From: Andi Kleen <freitag_at_alancoxonachip.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:12:06 +0200

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com> writes:

> No database textbooks listed so far. Is it because
> 1. There are no classic database books.

Gray/Reuter - Transaction processing: concepts and techniques

is probably one. It doesn't focus much on high level database theory, but more on practical implementation of one (down to code samples).

And it is useful for a lot more things than just databases. I found it useful to understand journaling file systems.

-Andi Received on Fri Jul 30 2004 - 17:12:06 CEST

Original text of this message