Re: A Normalization Question

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2004 09:33:15 -0700

> > why is everyone else in this thread up in arm about normalizing down
> > to level of logical symbols?
>
> Because only an idiot would try to "normalize" down to individual letters.

What do have against symbols that prevents you from treating them the same as any other data?

> > Please .. showing an equivalent implementation in RM
>
> No thanks. I am not stupid ...

Please prove by demonstrating.

> I notice you have twice now avoided answering my question, so I'll repeat it:
> Neo, if C J Date or the late Mr Codd himself joined the discussion and
> told you that your understanding of normalisation is completely
> warped, would you believe it then? Is your belief that they would
> support you, or do you think that they are as wrong as the rest of us?

In case you missed it over the course of past 300 posts, I'll repeat it:

www.xdb2.com/Basic/Name.asp
www.xdb2.com/Example/ThingsNamedBrown.asp
www.xdb2.com/Example/BoxProperties.asp
www.xdb2.com/Example/StudentActivityScore.asp