Re: table types

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:49:38 GMT

"Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra" <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:pan.2004.07.22.12.20.13.373768_at_dutra.fastmail.fm...
> Em Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:04 +0000, Marshall Spight escreveu:
>
> > From the benchmarks I've seen over the years, it seems
> > like the two most "generally fast" dbms are Oracle and
> > MySQL
>
> Your benchmarks are seriously defective.

I was speaking of dbmss that actually exist, and specific implementation techniques.

For your statement to be meaningful, you have to show that there exist noticably faster alternatives. Note that saying that there might one day be faster alternatives is not relevant to my statement, because I am discussing current implementations. It is quite difficult to run benchmarks against software that hasn't been written yet.

So, to stay on the original topic, please provide me a citation to the dbms you reference that is so much faster than Oracle, and let's discuss its data structures, and how they compare with bag-of-structs and inverted index.

Marshall Received on Thu Jul 22 2004 - 16:49:38 CEST

Original text of this message