Re: A Normalization Question

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2004 16:24:40 -0700

> > I only contend that 'brown' stored three time via the logical layer of
> > a relational db is logically redundant, subject to update anomaly and
> > can be normalized. No one's has yet proved otherwise to me.
>
> Prove us that brown is logically stored three times in RM ....

I think the responsibility of showing that data entered into RM implementations is not at the logical level falls on the shoulders of the people who say it doesn't and not upon me. They should also explanation which data entered in RM dbs is logical and which is physical and why. After all it is they who have been loudly proclaiming RM is a logical model and one would assume that most RM implementation provide a logical interface to data.

As for TM, I know that things (symbols, strings, etc) in the db can be implementated on various hardware, including a boundary consisting of sticks and stone and a human moving them around to simulate a processor. Received on Wed Jul 21 2004 - 01:24:40 CEST

Original text of this message