Re: In an RDBMS, what does "Data" mean?

From: Tony <andrewst_at_onetel.net.uk>
Date: 10 Jun 2004 02:32:24 -0700

"Anthony W. Youngman" <wol_at_thewolery.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<0UZ6uTSqd7xAFwl0_at_thewolery.demon.co.uk>...
> Relational needs an optimiser - Pick gets it for free ... and the stats
> say that on average it pays off handsomely :-)

Pick doesn't have a "free" optimizer: it just doesn't have one. So either there is only one access path, and too bad if it isn't optimal, or you the designer/programmer are playing the part of the optimizer yourselves (and I don't suppose your time comes free). Received on Thu Jun 10 2004 - 11:32:24 CEST

Original text of this message