Re: Nearest Common Ancestor Report (XDb1's $1000 Challenge)

From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:18:47 +0200

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 22:07:35 GMT, Jim Kennedy wrote:

>Hugo,
>It is no use arguing with a fool; it only makes you look foolish. I'm
>putting this guy in my Kill File. I suggest you do the same. He had no
>intention of paying up, it was all a scam to advertise this "database". I
>think we have wasted enough time on this nonsense.
>Jim

Hi Jim,

This started as a challenge to beat XDb1 at it's own game. It quickly evolved into a challenge to get Neo to admit defeat.

It is now no longer a challenge - we are now in the middle of a psychological experiment, researching exactly how deep a human being will humiliate himself in order to avoid having to admit defeat.

The first challenge was much too easy for my liking. The second challenge proved about as tough as I expected, yet not as thought-provoking or even entertaining as I had hoped. And the experiment, though admittedly off-topic for all groups this is crossposted to, still holds my interest.

But I admit that this should end soon. I'll give Neo one or two days to see if he will unconditionally accept Nick Landberg's suggestion to let an arbitrator decide. After that, I'll stop this sillyness.

Best, Hugo

--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)