DMoz Relational Implementations category: chaff from wheat

From: Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:16:16 -0300

        I maintain the
http://dmoz.org./Computers/Software/Databases/Relational category, including the Implementation subcategory.

        It has been a long time since I have wanted to check the 'relationalness' of several listed systems, but haven't neither the time nor the expertise.

        So I would like to ask someone more knowledgeable to take a look and tell me which systems should be considered 'quasi-relational'
-- meaning not relational at all, but at least more interesting than
SQL -- and which should be dumped altogether.

        Any hints accepted, but please justify.

        Thanks in advance.

--

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra           +55 (11) 5685 2219
Av Sgto Geraldo Santana, 1100 6/71        leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm

Original text of this message