Re: Ah, but who has better parties?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:00:38 -0700

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote:

>Em Wed, 19 May 2004 23:22:35 -0700, Gene Wirchenko escreveu:
>
>> I have written a pure xBASE application with SQL in it. Or
>> maybe, you are defining "pure xBASE" as xBASE less a bunch of its
>> capabilities.
>
> Well, if you define xBase as a class of products. I hold this
>is not a particularly useful definition. Anyway let me clarify: we
>are migrating an application system programmed in the xBase *language*
>to SQL. The products used are immaterial, except in that the SQL
>implementation in xBase products tend to be substandard.

     Here is a xBASE statement in one of my programs:

      select catx.clcode, ccli.clname,;
       sum(catx.basicchg+catx.ovrhdfee) as balance;
       from catx left outer join ccli on catx.clcode=ccli.clcode;
       group by catx.clcode order by catx.clcode;
       into cursor (this.thiscode+"_bals") nofilter

     Do you think you could manage to convert it to SQL?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.