Re: Date is Incomplete - database application software and database theory

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 03:09:28 GMT

"Leandro Guimarăes Faria Corsetti Dutra" <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:pan.2004.05.12.22.28.27.728150_at_dutra.fastmail.fm...
> Em Wed, 12 May 2004 19:34:46 +0000, mountain man escreveu:
>
> > And besides that, you obviously subscribe to the philosophy that Date's
> > work, and your collective admiration thereof, is excellent.
>
> This is obviously true. Your attempts to prove otherwise is
> risible.

Date's work is patently incomplete.

Pat yourself on the back again, and
dont forget to congratulate your associates for agreeing with you.

> >> But with this attitude you won't go far.
> >
> > What attitude?
>
> Thinking yourself wiser than your betters.

That may be your attitude, but it is not mine.

My attitude is that the state of database theory in these times is woeful, and has not really changed due to the influence of Date, and his supporters, since the seventies. It is a 30 year old philosophy which is fatally flawed.

Date is clearly incomplete.
You cannot perceive this?
Take off those rose glasses.

If you believe Date to promulgate a complete theory of database systems, then you must have reasons. What are they?

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
Oz Received on Thu May 13 2004 - 05:09:28 CEST

Original text of this message