Re: VIEWS compared to Nodes as Windows into data

From: Anthony W. Youngman <thewolery_at_nospam.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 23:53:03 +0100

In article <40976fd4.318067_at_news.wanadoo.es>, Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es> writes
>> In the Windows arena, they're fighting MS Access and .NET
>>as the prime competition. On Linux, while there's plenty of
>>more-credible competing DBMS server software, there's not nearly the
>>population of tools competing with "Report Builder" and "Team
>>Developer."
>
>But integration with Crystal Reports and MS Office is essential for
>our products. Microsoft is very dominant in Spain and Linux is rare on
>the desktop.

It seems you haven't been following the news very much lately ...

Extremedura linux, for example? (Hope I've got the spelling right, my Spanish is non-existent :-) And I think there's a couple of others.

If you want to make money, you need to PREDICT the wave and be there BEFORE it arrives. I'd brush up on *desktop* linux (and fast) if I were you...

Cheers,
Wol

Witches are curious by definition and inquisitive by nature. She moved in. "Let
me through. I'm a nosey person.", she said, employing both elbows.
Maskerade : (c) 1995 Terry Pratchett