Re: dependency theory

From: Todd B <toddkennethbenson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2004 19:58:42 -0700

sarah_browne101_at_hotmail.com (sb1) wrote in message news:<c0a442c6.0404271124.48ae6126_at_posting.google.com>...
> As part of an assignment i've been asked to:
>
> Explain in a few paragraphs why dependency theory provides important
> under-pinning for practical database design.
>
> The lecturer has given very few sparce notes!
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated.

I'm sure you probably have seen links such as this, but check out: http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/cs-archive/CS-1992/56/92.56.pdf

Especially the second sentence concerning constraints and updateability. I haven't read the entire document myself, but it may point you in the right direction.

Todd Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 04:58:42 CEST

Original text of this message