Re: Pre-relational, post-relational, 1968 CODASYL "Survey of Data Base Systems"

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:08:42 -0500

"Larry Coon" <lcnospam_at_assist.org> wrote in message news:408D58F2.43B7_at_assist.org...
> Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:
>
> > P.S. Sorry this is offtopic, but I'm planning to do an update on the
> > diagram next year (40th anniversary) and have several minor corrections
> > make, but sure would like to have the origins as accurate as can be.
>
> Also, wasn't there a direct link between Revelation and Seattle Labs?
> I'm pretty sure there was personnel-wise (Seattle Labs guys left to
> form Cosmos), but I'm not sure whether Revelation was a direct offshoot.

Still off-topic -- ignore if not interested in history of databases There are two links I made explicit -- a legal relationship between companies, with one buying another and any aspect of the code migrating from one place to another. There are numerous instances of people moving from one company to another. I am unaware of the entire Seattle Labs forming Cosmos, but definitely Revelation came directly from Cosmos. Thanks for the tip -- I'll check on that. --dawn Received on Tue Apr 27 2004 - 00:08:42 CEST

Original text of this message