Re: Relational vs. PICK/Object DBMS

From: Dale Benedict <dalebnospam_at_spamnotwantedflightcraft.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:46:09 GMT

The problem always needs to be taken from and back to real world solutions using as simple language as possible.

How many business exec's and people looking for a solution to their business problems are ever going to specify a problem using mathematical set theory notations?

If you ever do any consulting, I dare you go come back after the informational interview with the solution expressed in set theory. I bet that you would see the contract handed to someone else who came back with a solution in plain language format.

Real genius is being able to express complex ideas in a way that most people understand.

Sticking with the complex notations and ideas without being able to convince the business person, who needs a software solution created, that your ideas are sound and achievable, could get you a position at the front of the line at the local burger joint asking the patrons, "Would you like fries with that?"

Regards,

Dale