Re: Attribute Value Attributes, Fuzzy Sets, & Color-coded Data

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 22:39:40 -0700

> So, for each value entered (not the same for each value of a
> particular attribute) you want to put an RGB value with it. Are there any
> data models or database implementations that incorporate these global
> attribute value attributes?

If I understand your requirements correctly, it can be done with XDb1. Here is how to enter it via XDb1's "Natural" Language Interface.

color isa thing.
red isa color.
green isa color.
blue isa color.

age isa thing.
28 isa age.

person isa thing.

john isa person.
* isa 28. (* now refers to an unnamed instance of 28. It inherits the name 28) john is *.
* is red.

mary isa person.
* isa 28. (* now refers to another unnamed instance of 28) mary is *.
* is green. Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 07:39:40 CEST

Original text of this message