Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:32:03 -0400

Dawn,

I'd like to suggest that you go back to two original sources.

The first is Codd's original work, proposing the relational model. A Google search on "Codd Data Model" brings up a reprint of the classic paper, among lots of others.

The second is James Martin, "Computer Database Organization". I haven't looked at Martin in almost twenty years, so I don't know what you'll find there. But I would expect that you would find his treatment more convincing than I find most of the stuff I associate with the word "marketing."

Was Galileo's comparison of the Copernican and the Ptolemaic systems, "marketing"? Received on Mon Apr 19 2004 - 12:32:03 CDT