Re: Oracle and PICK

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:32:50 -0400

Fascinating!

The ironic thing is that the discussion of rewriting history by retroactively altering key values would play itself out the same way if the data were in an Oracle database, rather than a PICK file.

If it's a wise thing to do, then it's a wise thing to do in both environments. If it's a foolish thing to do, then it's a foolish thing to do, then it's a foolish thing to do in both environments. Wise or foolish, Oracle makes it easy to do.

I'm of the opinion that it's a foolish thing to do. And I have no doubt that, if the decision to do that comes back to bite them, the decision makers won't take the blame. They'll find a propellerhead to take the fall faster that Enron executives began blaming the accountants. Then they'll update their resumes so that can continue their careers over at the Ministry of Truth. Received on Mon Apr 19 2004 - 14:32:50 CEST

Original text of this message