Re: How is this collection called?

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:38:36 -0400

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

If Laws of Form is so simple that I can understand it, then it's probably not worthwhile for a lot of people who specialize in math.

Reading between the lines, it looked to me like it was a mathematical formalism of what an electrical engineer might state as "all of logic can be built up from a NAND gate." You have to extend the concept of a NAND gate as follows: a NAND gate with one input works like a NOT gate. A NAND gate with no inputs generates the constant, "TRUE". Once you do that, it all falls into place.

Where it gets interesting is in the last chapter, when he allows circuits of NAND gates with feedback in them. According to Russell and Whitehead , you can't do that. According to Brown, you can.

Is this stuff worth your attention? Your guess is as good as mine.

I never heard of Brown's four color map proof, or of any other work by Brown. So I guess I'm not a member of the cult. Received on Fri Apr 09 2004 - 13:38:36 CEST

Original text of this message